Headstones and Memorials with American Headstones Company
American Headstones Company is a family business located in southern California. We have been in business since 1983 offering beautiful granite memorial stones and cast Bronze flat markers and Bronze memorial plates. We are Los Angeles and Orange Counties premier supplier of granite markers to the cemetery industry, offering both flat and vertical grave markers. Our expertise is in the custom design of each headstone, cremation marker, pet marker, tombstone, granite memorial plate, flat cemetery markers and stone monuments.
We also manufacture in our facility custom porcelain photos fired on porcelain bases. These memorial photographs can be glued on to vertical headstones or set into flat grave stones. Porcelain photographs is the best way to adorn a lasting tribute to your loved ones. These images will last a life time in open air installations.
Things To Know Before Purchasing a Headstone in Los Angeles
All cemeteries have their own specific rules and regulations or what they will allow to be installed into their cemetery. This means that it is extremely important for you the customer to understand and have a copy in writing of these rules and regulations. If the cemeteries rules and regulations are not followed the cemetery has the right to refuse the delivery of your marker. Here is a simple and effective checklist for you the consumer to follow to help you shop with confidence.
- Obtain a written copy of the cemeteries rules and regulations. If you were not given a copy when you purchased the grave site you can request the cemetery provide you with a written copy for your records. By law the cemetery is required to provide you with this if you ask for it.
- Know if the grave plot you are trying to mark is a single, companion, baby or cremation plot. You will also want to know which section or garden the plot is in. This will help determine the required size.
- Know what the marker needs to be made of. Some cemeteries will allow you to use either granite of bronze. If they allow or require bronze do you need a granite base for the bronze marker or is the cemetery going to set it into cement?
- Know the size you are required to use. You will want to know the minimum and the maximum size so you can choose the best option for your budget.
- Are there any required emblems or engravings? For example some cemeteries may require a cross to be engraved on the marker, some may require the grave location engraved.
- Know if there are any restrictions on granite or bronze colors. Some cemeteries will have specific colors you may only use based on the location of the grave.
- Are photographs allowed? If you are interested in having a picture of your loved on the memorial find out if the cemetery accepts porcelain photos and or laser photo etched photos. You will also want to check if the picture can be in color or if it needs to be in black and white.
- Know if the marker needs to have a certain type of edge. These would include a 2" bevel, 2" sanded border, lawn mower proof edge or a 2-3" cement border.
- Check your setting fees. Here in California almost every cemetery is the only entity allowed to set markers in their cemetery. This is for legal issues as well keeping a uniform look to their gardens. You will want to check with the cemetery to make sure your setting fees have been paid. Most cemeteries will require this to be paid in full before your marker is delivered. Depending on the cemetery we may ask for a copy of the receipt to accompany the delivery.
- Does any paperwork need to be filled out before my marker is delivered? You will need to ask the cemetery if there are any forms, such as marker authorization forms, setting forms, photo release forms or concrete border release forms. Many cemeteries will reject the delivery of your marker if these forms are not filled out. Here at American Headstone Company we will help you fill out these forms after you have obtained them.
Please contact American Headstones for all Memorials, Porcelain Plaques, Cameos or Headstone purchases, special pricing and discounts are available as well!